MP welcomes Ansford Bridge News
Friday, 07 September 2012 00:00
David Heath MP welcomed the news of the postponement saying ‘Clearly the A371 needs to be closed in order effect repairs to the bridge at some time in the near future. However it is really important that local people are aware of the closure of the road well in advance so they can plan for the several months of disruption. I am pleased Network Rail listened to the strength of opinion at last night’s public meeting and have made arrangements that enable local people to make those plans.’
Following a meeting in Ansford this week, the company decided to implement the nineteen week programmed from Monday 7th January 2013 to Sunday 19th May. The A371 at Ansford Bridge should fully re-open to traffic on Monday, 20th May 2013.
Network Rail said, "We have postponed these essential repairs in recognition of the strength of feeling expressed at last night's meeting and the impact the works will have on local businesses and the community. This four month delay will now give them ample time to draw up contingency plans."
Page 2 of 3
David in Parliament
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Pate de Foie Gras (20 Dec 2012)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Ash Dieback Disease (20 Dec 2012)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Food Banks (20 Dec 2012)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Livestock: Exports (19 Dec 2012)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Livestock: Transport (19 Dec 2012)
Church Hill House,
17 Bath Street,
Tel: 01373 473618
Please ensure that you provide your name and address details for our records in any correspondence.